My 2017 portfolio has done extremely – and not surprisingly – well.
I started with the following. If you do not have anything else in your portfolio, you will want these at a minimum because they are great long-term holds and when the smoke clears, they will be at the top.
- Bitcoin (Needed as a store fo value)
- Ethereum (Will dominate in the smart contract market)
- ZCash (Will provide strong privacy protections on the Blockchain)
- Litecoin (Needed because it is faster than Bitcoin. It is Bitcoin, but Bitcoin lite)
Then there was ETHOS. Man! I bought into ETHOS (when it was called Bitquence) when it was trading at $0.50 and I bought some more when it was about $0.90. I purchased a bunch of it. Today, as of this writing, it is trading at $13.53 (Livecoin) and going up. As I stated in a previous article – here – this cryptocurrency is going to be a game changer in 2018 and I can see it reaching $100 or more! The platform hasn’t launched yet!
ETHOS should be in your portfolio. I would wait until there is a dip in price before buying.
I then added the following because they have a vision, utility, and strong teams behind them.
- Ripple (A platform to send very large amounts of money anywhere. Connects banking systems)
- BCH (Is a Bitcoin fork and faster than Bitcoin. The marketplace will want it around)
- Monero (Will provide strong privacy protections like ZCash. Uses a different mining algorithm)
- IOTA (Allows secure transactions without a Blockchain making it very fast)
- DASH (Used to make instant, private payments)
- ClearPoll (World’s first public opinion platform on the Blockchain)
- LISK (Platform that provides decentralized blockchain apps)
- NEO (A smart contract platform like Ethereum)
- STEEM (Reward-based Blockchain social media platform)
- Cardano (A smart contract platform like Ethereum)
The following coins that appear in my portfolio are long shots that could explode in 2018. They are low-cost (many leading zeros) and for several hundred dollars you could own a truck-load of them.
- Dogecoin (A peer-to-peer digital currency)
- Verge (A secure and anonymous cryptocurrency)
- TRON (A worldwide free content entertainment system with the Blockchain)
- Stellar (A platform to send money across borders quickly)
The potential to make a lot of money lies more in the Altcoins than in Bitcoin. It is advisable to purchase and hold a few low-cost Altcoins such as the ones I mention just above.
I am always on the lookout for Altcoins that are priced low (many leading zeros) that could explode in 2018.
I will let you all know when I sniff them out.
Have a great weekend.